Ecommerce web development has become essential part of many businesses because it is the best way to reach your target audience in a cost effective manner. Online business stores are becoming more and more popular by the passing day because, physical proximity is no longer a boundary today. But, designing an ecommerce site is not similar to a normal one. It takes more experience and dedication.
There are many features that one has to include in an ecommerce website. There has to be product catalogue and various other avenues that one has to incorporate within the site. The site owner has to enable the necessary discounts and other such facilities for the customers. What’s more, he must choose a payment gateway for people to make payment online for product purchasing.
Following are some tips that you can keep in mind while making an ecommerce site.
- The user’s experience on your site is very important. Make a clean interface with easy navigation for a hassle free user experience. Less is more. If you keep your website looking clutter-free, it will look fresher and more inviting.
- Intuitive navigation is vital. If yours is an ecommerce website, you don’t want your customers searching all over the webpage for the next product. Make it simple. Keep the products visible and their details alongside. Keep the products within their reach. One of the most important reasons for people to opt for online shopping is the lack of time. Therefore, they will obviously not appreciate it, if they have to spend a lot of time on your website looking for the things.
- Make your site light weight. It helps. If your site takes a lot of time to load, people will just close the window and move on to another site that loads faster. Do away with the unnecessary pomp.
- Search Boxes are people’s favourite. You must never miss it. Always keep a search box for your users.
- Introduce new offers and always make it a point that you highlight it on your home page.
- Ensure that your product page is designed well. This is so that you don’t draw unnecessary attention to unwanted and unnecessary things but the product itself. Make it attractive and engaging.
- Make their added items visible. People like to know how many items are there in their cart already and what does it amount to.
If you can take care of the above points, you will surely have a fantastic ecommerce website.
Author Resource:- Bryan is a bespoke website designer in London at Viteb one of the leading Web design company London providing clean, professional and good looking Website Design Services which deal with the latest web standards. Being as a web designer he has also written many articles on web design tips and guides.
A Little Bird Tweeted....
- Computer Science Vs ICT in Schools ?
- Clear website designs make for ideal E-commerce websites!
- Photoshop CS5: Tips and Techniques
- Grunge Backgrounds Free and Funky!
- Top 10 Web Design Blogs in UK